Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Gift

It's becoming a tradition for us to create a card to share with friends this time of year; the last couple have featured turtles.

Here's a rough draft of this years design:


And here's the block carved by my husband:


We decided to print on water-colored backgrounds, those were my task to create. I made a total of 21 different backgrounds, here's a few of my favorites:









Obviously, I wasn't terribly concerned about taking a traditional holiday approach!
We were able to make three imprints on each background sheet, which then had to be cut and trimmed. I'm still trying to come up with an idea for using those scraps - I just can't bear to throw them away!



And here's one of the finished cards:



Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space.
It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe.
It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished. Michael Strassfeld
During this time of celebration, may you both give and receive light in the coming year.

1 comment: