Friday, October 29, 2010

It's All About the Presentation

Isn't she a lovely Edwardian lady?



Her image was the basis of some clever packaging I recently created for some feather and bead hair ornaments.

I have a group of friends that I see just once a year, at the Somewhere in Time weekend held at Grand Hotel. We dress in out Edwardian finest and just have a wonderful time. I always try to create little gifts that are both beautiful and useful to creating that vintage style we crave.

This year I was lucky enough to find some feather picks; I added a hairpin, covered the base in black velvet ribbon and added just a bit of black beaded embellishment - hair ornaments need to light weight.

But how to present them?

I printed my lady on card stock, cut a couple small slits, added the hairpin and I had it - packaging that protected the feathers, showed how it should be worn, was attractive and had space for a personal note - perfect!


My friends were thrilled and so am I, as I see so many possibilities for this type of functional, attractive and inexpensive packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment