Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Medieval Twist

"Medieval Twist" was intended to be my submission for the July Art Bead Scene monthly challenge - obviously, I'm a bit late!

The inspiration piece was this beautiful painting, Morning in the Garden at Vaucresson, by Edouard Vuillard.

I choose to emphasize the cool blue/grey and the brilliant chartreuse present in the painting.

The pendent bead is from my stash and pulls in the blue sky just barely visible amongst the garden abundance.


I tried a new technique - twisted tubular herringbone - and it was a great choice, the tube is completely self supporting and quite strong.


The bangle bracelet is form I've not tried before, not my favorite style to wear personally, but works nicely as a part of this pair.


Finally finished - yeah!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors and the structure. Your inspiration is reflected wonderfully in the pieces. I am itching to do more seed bead work!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete