Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bead Journal Project - April 2011

Playing "catch-up" yet again this year - it's just so hard to accomplish much during the busy season on the Island.

Here's the inspiration image; each month will feature this trillium using a different beading technique.


This time I started by stitching a fabric background:


I used St. Petersburg chain to form Russian leaves for the petals and leaves.


I filled the petals with a a mixture of beads in various sizes and finishes. The leaves were given more of "vein" affect.


The background seemed a bit plain, so I added some freeform embroidery - a mixture of French knots, feather and chain stitch.

While I cannot guarantee to finish by the end of the year, I WILL finish...and I even know how I'd like to display the pieces - anyone know a good metalworker willing to work with a beader?

5 comments:

  1. It is really beautiful. I too am way behind. Between summer and biking and the polymer clay. I think I left off in March or April. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful piece!! I love the way you used fabric to shade the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally beautiful! Well worth waiting for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piece...as usual. I love seeing your beading. Metal work?? Hmmmmmm I'm almost finished with May BJP2011!! I'm putting all my pieces (8 1/2 x 11) onto gallery wrap canvas. now you have me wondering about your idea. Can't wait to see how you display your pieces.

    ReplyDelete